Monday, June 2, 2008

Tired of Sick Days

Aliza has been sick since last Thursday and I'm exhausted. I took her to the Doctor on Friday so she is on an antibiotic for strep throat. She has been miserable--barely eating and drinking, waking up during the night crying. She wants to be held, but at times she becomes almost hostile. I imagine she is frustrated with whatever hurts and needs to express it. Somehow pulling my hair and hitting me doesn't seem like the most appropriate way to express those feelings. She also has side effects of the antibiotic. Are all diaper creams created equal?

I think she did turn the corner today. The only thing that I could think of to tempt her appetite was Chick-Fil-A so I packed everyone up and ordered her chicken nuggets and a sandwich for myself. She ate all 4 chicken nuggets before we got home. After we got home she ate almost half of the chicken breast in my sandwich and a quarter of my grilled cheese sandwich. She also drank more today and didn't cry every time she coughed. Now if she can just sleep through the night I think we'll all feel better.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

That does sound like progress! I hope last night went better for you...