Monday, March 15, 2010

36 Hours

Jeremy and I. Alone. In our house. No agenda. For 36 hours. Luxurious.

My best memory is that we laughed together. I can't really remember when we just laughed. Some aspects of life are pretty tough right now and I know that I frequently forget to laugh. It was good to do some things together and have some time to ourselves.

We slept in really really late. Daylight Savings Time helped that. I borrowed some clubs and hit balls with Jeremy at the driving range. Unfortunately I did not instantly fall in love with the game. We ate leftovers. Jeremy watched a golf tournament. I did some scrapbooking.


A few hours alone would not be complete without some parental strategizing. We made a trip to the store exclusively for this DVD.
Our hope was that Aliza would want to watch it really, really bad....like so bad that she would want to poop in the potty. We have not found bribery to be a useful tactic with Aliza so I have my doubts about whether this will actually work. It seemed that positive reinforcement should be attempted before drastic measures of negative reinforcement are taken.

I was happy to pick up the children. I'm pretty sure that I was happier to see them than they were to see me. =)

1 comment:

Me said...

feeling slightly jelous...cant remember 36hr alone with my hubby. ever. in the last 5 1/2 yr. and at the same time so happy for you. laughing together is beautiful and profound! and smiling on the inside because i do know how it feels to miss the kiddos more than they missed me. ...let us know how positive reinforcement goes with the potty!!!!! LOL