Sunday, March 21, 2010

Laura is Awesome!

I've mentioned the ivy project that I've taken on. It is a really ridiculous project to even attempt to tackle. Laura boosted my spirits by helping me twice this week! We only worked for an hour each time so I think we made pretty good progress for that amount of time.

The first picture is very early in the project. The strip of ground that looks deader than the rest is what I had already pulled back (all the way to the road).
This is our progress on the first day of Laura and I working together. It was pretty easy to pull up. We soon found out that this was an area of newer growth.

This is what we did today. At times we weren't sure if we were trying to pull up tree roots or ivy roots. The vines were HUGE! We ended up starting at the tree and working our way to the front. We became determined to make a path and that's what we did. It was enough for one day!We/I will keep working on it!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yeah...I definitely see progress:)