Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Warm Days

When I saw the forecast for the week, my agenda was instantly--Be outside as much as possible. We've had three glorious days of sun and 60 degree weather. The rain starts again tomorrow, but we will ignore that for as long as possible.

The swings and outside toys have received some love. The neighbors have heard numerous outbursts of squealing. We took a walk today. I started picking up some branches. I also started a very big project.

One side of our yard is covered with heirloom ivy. Heirloom because that ivy has been there a very long time. In the last couple years it has really taken on a growth spurt and needs to be controlled. I've decided to tackle the project. It excites me just to have the energy, motivation and freedom to take on an outside project. So far I have rolled the ivy back about 3 feet almost the length of our property. I really need to post some pictures. It feels good to have some sore muscles!

Aliza and Josiah are good helpers. Aliza likes to stand directly in front of me while talking or singing. Josiah hauls around a shovel or any other tool I allow him to have and keeps himself busy digging and exploring. I am constantly amazed by the inherent differences between boys and girls.

No comments: