Friday, March 5, 2010

A Girly Party

A few minutes after I told Aliza Happy Birthday she looked at me real serious and said, Mommy, I'm not changing, just my number, right?

A very long time ago, Aliza told me that she wanted a purse cake for her birthday. A few months ago she told me that she wanted streamers and balloons. Then my Dad used birthday hats and noise makers in a children's story at church so, of course, she then wanted birthday hats and noise makers for her birthday. I sent her to my Mom's house for the afternoon so that I could decorate and surprise her.

She was very excited when she saw the decorations. She said, Mommy, give me a hug!

Her purse cake had to be blue--her favorite color. Everything else was princess pink.


Aliza had to concentrate pretty hard to hold up 4 fingers. She had so much fun at her party. She and her cousin, Caleb, played upstairs all evening. They had so much fun. It was neat to see them playing happily together. I think we all said, awwww, when we watched them walk up the steps holding hands.

Now Aliza is ready for her next birthday. She already picked out the cake. We'll see if she sticks with it.

1 comment:

Me said...

The cake is adorable, Carla!!! Congratualtions on a smashing success of a party!