Sunday, March 14, 2010

Unexpected Gift

After a couple birthday parties, my friend Chrissy, said you me, "I've noticed that your table chair cushions are stained." (Insert big swallow of my pride here.) Then she said, "Could I recover them for you?" I said, well...yes...yes, you may.

Chrissy bought the vinyl and padding, took our stained chair cushions home with her and returned them recovered with brown vinyl.

Before

Aliza helped Chrissy reassemble the chairs. She handed Chrissy the screws, counted each one and after the 4th screw brought the next chair to Chrissy. Aliza stuck with Chrissy for the whole project....chattering away the whole time!

After

And now I've learned a lesson about pride. I could have easily become offended that someone thought my chairs were generally disgusting. But instead I allowed Chrissy to do something nice for me and I allowed myself to receive a very nice gift. As Chrissy said, she knew I would never do this for myself. She was right. It would not have made it to the priority list for a long time. I do love sitting on these nice clean chairs and I feel very excited that I will be able to wash them off and keep them clean.

Thank you Chrissy! I am very lucky to have you for a friend. =)

5 comments:

Meghan said...

The chairs look so good!! Nice job Chrissy!

Christie said...

Hey, tell Chrissy she can most definitely come over to my house!

Karen said...

Looks good...Great Job Chrissy:) You're a good helper, Aliza. You're a gracious recipient, Carla:)

chrissy said...

I am so happy to help! Thank you to everyone for the comments. And, thank you Carla for allowing me to recover them.

Me said...

wow! the chairs look great!!!! ...Chrissy...if your ever in mexico...... : )