Sunday, April 15, 2012

Flying Kites and Going Bowling


 Jeremy went golfing in Atlantic City this weekend so the children and I packed up and had a slumber party at Grandma and Grandad's house. One day I will have to grow up and learn how to sleep alone in my house. I am SO wimpy at night...I get scared over everything.

It's a rare occasion to get to sleep at Grandma and Grandad's house so we made the most of it! Great Gramma started off the fun with a picnic lunch and then Grandad flew kites with Aliza and Josiah. This was a first for them and they had a ball. 


 One of my sisters became a member of the church she attends this morning, so I went to church with her. That was fun and, in the course of conversation, I met two families that home school.

Aliza had somehow picked this date as a day to go bowling. As sometimes happens, her plan worked out. Grandad, Aliza, Josiah and I went bowling. (Grandma slept in the living room with a stuffy nosed Anna last night so she and Anna stayed home and took a nap!) This was Josiah's first time bowling.

Josiah watched every ball down the lane. Often he turned around and gave us a thumbs up.
 Aliza had a great time. She got several spares and almost beat me!
 Josiah was very excited about his spare!
 He was not at all happy with how this roll ended. Without a nap, Josiah was a very emotional player!
Jeremy had fun golfing and I'm glad he's home. I feel like a still need a weekend though! The weather is supposed to be nice and warm again this week. We'll have fun...but we are also going to keep persevering with school!

No comments: