Saturday, April 21, 2012

National Harbor


 We had the chance to meet Jeremy's parents for a day and two nights in National Harbor. It's a great place for a bit of big city feel with smaller crowds. We arrived at supper time which was not in the "make-in-the-condo" meal plan. I thought pizza would go over well with the children so I scouted out a place and we set out. It was a fun place with great food...and big city prices. We have never paid so much for pizza. It was really thin crust and I ordered a cheese and pepperoni. I had to specify that we wanted tomato sauce on our cheese pizza and we decided to keep with the "normal" cheeses so that maybe kiddos would eat it.  There was more than one occasion when I felt that we needed signs on our backs saying we are from the country.


Jeremy and I went out to lunch together. I would hate to admit to myself how long it has been since we've been out. I'm not sure why it seems like such an effort to make babysitting arrangements. Anyway, we went out without a plan and decided to eat at a place called Saucity. So.Fun. The booths were practically couches longer than the tables. (We sat on the same side. I was tempted to put my feet up and snuggle in, but that may have made it obvious we weren't used to such dining!) It was a simple lunch, but the presentation of the food made it seem so special.

There was lots of fun in the pool. Anna was very uncertain about the water. Especially about Daddy being the water. So she snuggled up on my lap. I loved every minute of that. My busy girl doesn't do much snuggling!

 Josiah got a little bit of alone time with Grandma and Grandpa.
 Aliza enjoyed posing for Grandpa to take pictures.



 We call this a family picture!
 And when a little boy swims and plays all day without a nap he is too tired to walk home after an ice cream outing so his Mama has to give him a piggy back ride.
We had a really great time together. Jeremy and I have to keep reminding ourselves that today is only Saturday. We are home and the weekend isn't over yet. There is more fun and memories to be made tomorrow!

2 comments:

Connie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie said...

like you had fun!!I love the family picture!! I Have never been to National Harbor, but I am going in a few weeks!! I am attending a conference at the Gaylord Center for my work in dialysis, and I am really excited about it actually. I am staying in Alexandria for a few nights, and then I was able to get 2 free nights at Marriott right in National Harbor for the weekend, so Ryan is going to come and bring Abigail for the weekend, so I won't have to go 5 days without seeing her! I can't wait, I have never been to National Harbor... I will make sure we check out the restaurant you mentioned!!