Friday, April 6, 2012

Pieces of Life

  • We made invitations for my sister's wedding this week. I was the mastermind behind them and did a bunch of prep work. It was exciting to have them finished. I was tempted to post a picture, but figured I should wait until they are mailed! 
  • Lalaloopsy still rules our house. Josiah has jumped on board. I remind them both at least once every day that they have a bad case of the gimmies. Too bad those dolls are so cute, I'm frequently tempted to buy too often.
  • I'm pushing to keep school moving this month. 
  • Aliza and I seem to have teenager/Mom exchanges during the day. Most of it stems from my need to keep her on task with her schoolwork. I sometimes worry about her view of me. Then there are moments like this afternoon when she tells me she wants to sing a song to me on the front porch. The gist of the song was that our day started rough and Mommy is a "Bossy R" (phonics association) but I love Mommy more than anything. And at the end of the song she comes to me with a sweet smile and a hug. 
  • I'm reading The boy who came back from heaven. It is hard to put down. I'd been taking moments to read a page here and there and realized it was almost suppertime and I had better pick up some toys so that Jeremy didn't think I really had been reading all day.
  • I went in the bathroom today only to discover that Josiah had peed in the trashcan. Apparently he and Aliza needed the potty at the same time and this was the solution. Seriously??
  • I'm looking forward to a wonderful Easter celebration this weekend.

No comments: