Friday, June 22, 2012

A Date Night







Every once in a while Jeremy and I go on a date. Dates usually get planned when we can no longer quite remember when the previous date was or dates are planned when we have something we need to do without the children. Usually this is some type of shopping or business to take care of. This time I was thinking of our upcoming date and I had an idea. I was so excited I wanted to call Jeremy right away to tell him. I was just getting ready to call him when he called me--to tell me that his car was having issues that turned out to be an oil leak that led to a new timing belt. I picked him up at the shop and held on to my idea for a better time to tell him!

He did like my idea and on the night of the date we took the children to my parents house. Aliza and Josiah both melted into tears when it was time for us to leave. I had to extricate Aliza from the car and Josiah closed my door with tears running down his face. They walked up the sidewalk together and looked back at us with the saddest eyes. Now that my heart was ripped out I worked on changing gears for some quality time with my husband.

We picked up sandwiches from Woody's Eatery and took them to the beach. It was evening so the beach was emptying and we sat and ate and watched the waves (and people!) and enjoyed being alone and together.


On the way home we got ice cream at the Island Creamery. On our drive back to my parents I commented that I finally felt relaxed and ready to talk. We had been gone 3 hours. And now--on our way back to our children--I was ready to start the date. It was nice though. A good date and so fun to just be together and not trying to accomplish anything.

We get back to my parents house and the children are having a snack and watching a hunting show and inform us that they are not ready to go home. Of course! We agreed they could finish the show and we visited for a few minutes while Josiah was making jumping obstacle courses around the house. We had just commented that we were ready to go when Josiah took a flying leap onto the ottoman and slammed his mouth on the edge of the TV speaker. He screams. Jeremy grabs him and there is blood. Lots of blood.

The short version is that the bleeding slowed down and we figured out that it was the gum above his top front teeth that was bleeding. After that I excused myself and went to the bathroom because I was about to pass out. I recovered and look at it again and realized that I could see way too much of his top tooth. I went to the bathroom again! haha. Josiah quieted down. We gave him Tylenol and we went home.

A very unromantic end to a date night!

I took Josiah to the dentist today. The dentist put Josiah on an antibiotic to prevent infection. I don't know how to describe it but it is like a badly skinned knee except it's on Josiah's gum. It's gross. Be glad I can't take a picture of it! Anyway, he will be fine. He ate some tonight and is playing and acting normal. I'll sleep much better tonight.

I think it's time to plan another date!

No comments: