Monday, July 30, 2012

Creating Keepsakes Convention

 I have subscribed to Creating Keepsakes magazine for more years than I care to count. Going to a Creating Keepsakes Convention has been something that I have wanted to do for quite a few years. It just never reached the top of the priority list. This year the convention was in Lancaster, just 3.5 hours away. Janell, Chrissy and I decided to make a weekend of it. We had so much fun!

Our first stop was to visit Janell and my Great Aunt and Uncle. We always eat at a little place called Squire Side when we visit them and ice cream is a must. Janell's dessert became the running joke of the weekend. She ordered a mini waffle sundae and it came with one topping. She ordered brownie. She expected a waffle cone bowl with one scoop of ice cream and brownie crumbles for the topping.
This is what she got:
We stayed in a lovely hotel with a bedroom and sitting room. Friday evening all three of us got situated with a project on the king size bed and watched the opening ceremony of the Olympics. Saturday was convention day. We registered for a mixed media class where we assembled a mini album. The room didn't open until a couple minutes after the start time of the class. We didn't even get to sit down before the teacher was off and running! It was fast paced, but we had a lovely album to take home.
After the class we started touring the vendor fair. There was sooo much to see. We soon realized that the trick was to look for the show specials. Each of us made some good purchases. We took a break for lunch where we bought Whoopie Pies at the Farmer's Market and ate lunch at a smoothie place. Yum! After lunch we did the 2nd half of the vendor fair, took a nap at the hotel and then went out to explore a bit.
That evening we settled ourselves in again with scrapbooking projects while watching the Olympics. We stayed up until midnight and Janell and I slept in. Janell beat me...she slept until 10!!

Then we had the distinct privilege of meeting Linda and Phil for lunch and seeing their home! The newlyweds seem quite happy and settled. I'm happy that I can picture them in their place now.

Driving home there were periods of quiet. I felt like I had used up all my words. A very rare occurrence! I had such a great time, but I was ready to see my hubby and kiddos.


1 comment:

Christie said...

Awesomesauce! What a fun "girl trip." Love the mini album ;)