Monday, July 23, 2012

Going's On

  • My hubby got a brand new computer today. I won't see him for a while! It's one of those fancy Mac computers with a retina display. It is too thin for a built in CD drive. When we stopped at the Apple store so that he could touch one on display the sales guy said, that is the Ferrari of macbooks. Getting a new computer is more exciting than a new car around here!
  • I think God gave me tears today to soften my daughter's heart. 
  • My second child is as opinionated and strong willed as my first child. God, HELP ME!!!
  • Through my tears I said something like, "I'm trying to be a good Mommy" to Aliza. Then I said "And I want you...." she finished, "to be a good Mommy too.?" Yes, that's exactly what I want.
  • I'm working on becoming a sneaky chef, thanks to the Sneaky Chef Cookbook. I already have carrot puree and have more carrots waiting to be cooked. Tonight I also made cauliflower and zucchini puree which will be added to mashed potatoes tomorrow night. 
  • I'm sure thankful my Dad was available for a phone chat today. 
  • I've read a blog series about a couple who has fought long and hard to save their marriage. With the help of God, they are happily married today! It's an amazing testimony that has truly challenged me to "save" my marriage before it is on the verge of falling apart. 
  • I'm ordering 1st grade school materials! Is summer almost over already?
  • Anna was sitting on the edge of pool splashing during swimming lessons so the teacher picked her up and gave her a little lesson. The lesson included putting Anna completely under water which Anna was just fine with. A little surprised, but she didn't flinch and didn't look for me. Maybe I was just a little sad about that!

No comments: