Sunday, February 10, 2013

Fun Valentine Stuff


 I saw these mailboxes on Tonya's blog and I knew I had to get some. They are $1 a piece in the Dollar Spot at Target! Tonya's are fancy and mounted on wooden candlesticks. Maybe I'll get to that next year! For now mine are simple and on the mantle. This was a great $5 investment. My children love them--especially Josiah. Tonight he asked me if I would please give him mail for the morning.
When the flag is up, you have mail! So far it's been a note or a piece of candy. Simple and fun.

 Jeremy worked all day today and this evening so we made Valentines. Well, Aliza made Valentines and Josiah and Anna played with stickers. I got out paper, stickers, paper flowers and ribbon. Aliza asked me to cut out hearts for her, otherwise I stayed out of their design processes.
 Aliza had a LONG list of Valentines to make! Parents, siblings, grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins were on her list! Writing out the whole name was just too much, so each valentine has a first initial or initials on it. =)
She proudly showed me every single heart she made (except the one for me) and I can tell you that there is a lot of love in every single one of those valentines!

It would be awful for me to give away her secrets, but one of those valentines even gives away who she intends to marry!!!

No comments: