Monday, February 4, 2013

Superbowl Aftermath


 It was fun to have the home team playing in the Superbowl. I'm not sure when that has happened. My Dad is a Dolphins fan which means that all of us kids probably still are Dolphins fans. But it's been a long long time since we've cheered for a team in the playoffs, let alone the Superbowl. I've mentioned before that my family enjoyed watching the Ravens in the playoffs and it continued in the Superbowl. We had a good time at my parents. What a fun game to watch!

That being said, I was very happy that my children were mostly visiting their Great Grandparents next door or their Aunt Laura upstairs. Commercials couldn't be trusted to be appropriate and that half time show....!!?? If you are embarrassed to be sitting in the same room as your husband, brother-in-law and Dad and then cringe when your Grandfather walks in the room, it's not appropriate. That's putting it nicely. It was disgusting and raunchy. I'm so thankful that my impressionable children did not walk in on that. The channel was changed.

Thanks, in large part, to the light malfunction, we did not get home until 11:40 last night! We carried sleeping children straight to bed and they slept until 9:00 this morning, but they were still tired. It was a most trying day. It was like all of their ability to control themselves and make good choices left them. Josiah especially. He couldn't handle "no" to anything. He colored all over himself with marker, preferred to run around completely bare and plastered himself with band aids. Aliza wasn't a whole lot better. Her grand idea today was that it would be best if Mommy sold her. We would both be happier she concluded. I assured her that would definitely NOT be the case.

The moral of the story is that we were crazy parents and our children were tucked into bed early tonight.

1 comment:

Christie said...

I left feedback on CBS website. I was so disgusted. Its a sad day when you can't enjoy football with the whole family...well, I never really enjoy football, but you know what I mean ;)