Friday, September 30, 2016

Our Version of Crazy

I started the day with "Ok, kids, I need your full cooperation today. We've got school to do and a house to clean before Grandma and Grandpa come tonight." I had everyone's agreement until they saw how much bigger the puddles in the yard had gotten after a couple another night of rain--and they wanted to go out and play SO badly.  We got 8+ inches of rain in the previous 24 hours along with however much came down during the night. I threw logic out the window, told them to be kids and go play in the puddles. Drag as much water, sand, and grass in the house as you want (within reason) and have FUN!

Isaiah has grown up overnight this week. It is a joy to watch his older siblings look out for him and include him in their play. Catching Anna reading a book to Isaiah was priceless.
And then when we got going on the school portion of the day, Josiah had an activity in science--making birdfeeders. Just when I thought I had the kitchen counters clean--science happened in the kitchen. I didn't take a picture of the end product, but Josiah did a great job and really did the project all by himself. I took note that he took on a project by himself and figured out how to do it without getting frustrated and mad at himself.
Did school get done? Yes. Did the house get clean? Yes. And it all happened even with a morning of playing in the puddles. Duly noted.

We've got a big, exciting weekend coming up! I'm sure there will be a flurry of posts coming.

No comments: