Friday, February 17, 2017

Valentine Chocolate

I told someone on Valentine's Day that I wished I had written notes to my kids earlier because it was a bit of a difficult day and I wasn't feeling Valentine's mushy towards them. It's usually good to have a plan to fall back on so that you don't just rely on your feelings. I had decided on chocolate fondue for our Valentine family dessert. There was lots of enthusiasm. Lots.

Jeremy made the fondue on the stove and I supervised getting the dippers ready. Anna was my helper.
With our chocolate we had strawberries, bananas, pineapple, pretzels, marshmallows, Rice Krispie treats and graham crackers.
It wasn't too many minutes until it became apparent that the flame was keeping the chocolate too hot. Our clue was that there was a huge bubble and smoke.
Plus there was this 2 year old who was very excited to dip.

It was a bit of a chaotic whirlwind of a dessert. Jeremy and I commented that one day we, as a family, will be able to have a conversation during dessert.

No comments: