Saturday, December 16, 2017

December Snow

It is pretty unusual to have a significant snow in mid December. It was dark by the time there was accumulation, but once Josiah realized that the snow would pack, the dark did not stop him from making a snowman.
By morning we woke up to a winter wonderland. The snow was wet and heavy and piled up on the branches. Really my favorite kind of snow. The evergreens did not bear the burden well. We have a lot of large branches that fell.

The whole family played in the snow. =)

I'm not a huge fan of snow, but for this snow, at this time, I was so thankful. It was a Saturday and it just slowed us down. We snuggled in and enjoyed the season. There were lots of cups of hot chocolate between playing outside. There were wet clothes strewn over too many rooms and I honestly didn't even care. We lost electricity for an hour in the afternoon and then for 4 hours (7-11) in the evening. In the evening, we turned on our propane fireplace and read some stories by flashlight. The kids got a little crazy. There was roughhousing and general chaos and I straightened up the house by candlelight. (It was kindof funny to see what I missed the next morning!) We went to bed early. And I didn't mind at all.

No comments: