Tuesday, April 8, 2008

One Difficult Moment After Another

Well, today was one of those days. It's easy to blog about happy moments, but not exactly a realistic view of my world. So today stunk and as soon as this is posted I am headed under the covers....and they are going to be pulled up over my head so that I don't hear any baby grunts! =)

Josiah is waking up twice a night. I don't fall back asleep well after 5am feedings.

Jeremy worked in Delaware today a 2.5 hour drive one way. It was a long day.

I had a dentist appointment and the hygenist was snooty in her lecture on the need to floss daily. But my Dad did a great job keeping both the children!

After a long conversation with a friend last night (thanks Janel!) I felt pumped up to be really consistent in discipling (ie training) Aliza. We tackled high pitched squealing today with time out as the consequence. She was in time out 3 times in a row and then tested me again in the late afternoon while I was feeding Josiah. Yes, I put Josiah down. He screamed and Aliza was in time out. She got the message.

Josiah didn't sleep more than 1/2 hour at a time today.

By supper time I was doubly exhausted and needed Aliza to be still. So I packed them up and headed to Chick-fil-A drive through to pick up supper. That backfired. The drive through line was really long and Josiah screamed whenever the car was not in motion.

When I was ready to leave for Chick-fil-A Aliza put her boots on by herself! One small step towards independence.

I had a great picture of us putting Aliza's favorite puzzle together, but I deleted it without meaning to. Maybe I'll get another one tomorrow.

Well, maybe it doesn't look so bad written down, but believe me, it was a difficult day! I'm glad it's over. Good night!!

No comments: