Saturday, April 12, 2008

Spring Evenings



We had two lovely spring evenings. Aliza helped Jeremy continue to build the swingset. She was quite the big helper. She was busy screwing screws and sorting nails and screws. She chattered the whole time and was talking about screws today. Now she has a slide. It was rainy today so she didn't get to go out. Last spring we spent every evening outside. I can't wait to do that again. (Don't point it out to him....but when Jeremy is outside with us it means he is not working inside!)

I was ordering pictures tonight and came across this picture of Aliza and it brought back good memories. We told her to "stand here, hold the flowers like this (in front of her) and say cheese" and this is what we got. =) She's too cute.

On a completely different note, I've been thinking about a quote my Mom used on us. She made it up, I think....or maybe a wise person said it to her....I don't know. "Your lack of planning does not create an emergency for me." In other words if we forgot about a school assignment she was not going to go to the store to buy supplies or stay up late to make sure that we got it done. We had to plan ahead. (I think she used this on my younger siblings more than me. haha) Anyway, I think I'm going to start employing this quote in my life, not with my children yet, but in other circumstances. It is easy for me to do triple backflips to please someone else or do what would make them happy even if it causes me a lot of stress and headache. I think at times I need to take a little better care of my mental state and stress level.

That's about as deep as my thoughts get these days! Time to give Josiah a dream feeding in hopes of good sleep tonight.

No comments: