Thursday, February 26, 2009

All By Myself

Two little moments to remember.

Yesterday morning Aliza very proudly pointed out to me that she made her own bed. She excitedly told me that that she did it "all by myself." Then she added that there were no holes at the foot of the bed. She had tucked the blanket in all around. My Mom says that when a child is capable of doing a task it is time to transfer responsibility. I think Aliza has earned herself a new job!

This noon I decided to have Aliza help me make the frosting for Josiah's birthday cake before she watched a DVD. We had about half the ingredients in the mixer when Josiah had a messy diaper and started fussing. I decided I better stop the frosting and change him which meant leaving Aliza downstairs on a chair looking longingly at the frosting. She was instructed to not turn on the mixer. When I came downstairs she couldn't wait to show me how she had helped. About 1/3 of the container of meringue powder was in the mixer bowl! She said, "Look Mommy, I did it all by myself!" The mixer wasn't on so I couldn't be mad. Thankfully she wasn't offended when I threw out the contents of the mixing bowl and we started again.

No comments: