Thursday, February 12, 2009

Grocery Shopping

This week I took my camera with me to the grocery store. I make a detailed list and buy only what is on the list, except for whatever Aliza declares is going to be her treat. That way I can shop at a breakneck speed. Most of the time I can't even recall what I've seen in the store because I know where everything is and so can blindly pick things of the shelves while concentrating on the busy bodies that are inside the cart.

So here we are at the end of our trip getting in line. Josiah is about ready to make a plunge out of the cart and Aliza is standing AGAIN!

Then I choose a line where the person in front of us has just finished unloading a large order because Aliza is my big helper and puts the groceries on the counter. This takes a while considering that she usually has some sort of snack or drink in one hand. She announces what each food item is and sometimes passionately throws it on the counter. Most cashiers are really nice to her.

Then as we walk out she waves and say "bye" to all the elderly gentlemen sitting at the front of the store. It's a weekly ritual. I've got it down to a science. And this week was the first time Aliza went in panties....no accidents!

1 comment:

Christie said...

Love the "real life" photos. So fun :) What would we do without our little helpers?!?!