Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Scrap Around the World Challenge

I shouldn't have time or energy to do something like this. But in itself it is energizing. I looked forward to doing this layout all day even though I had no picture in my mind of how it was going to look and it kept evolving until it was finished.

I subscribe to a monthly scrapbook kit club. You can check out their site here. This week they started a challenge called Cruise Around the World in 8 Layouts. I think it was the Amazing Race fan in me that made it even catch my attention. Every Sunday a clue is issued and with a little research you figure out the city and the required theme of the page. You email the owner to make sure you are right then you create your layout, post it to the gallery and if you complete all 8 layouts then your name is put in a drawing.

So this time I totally played off the clue. The only requirement was that a heart be on the page. It happened that Jeremy and I did a lot of dating in Virginia so it was a great excuse to remember some fun times. I dug out some really old (like 10 years old) really bad pictures for this layout.

1 comment:

Christie said...

I love it! And, I love what you said about scrapping being energizing. I need to write that down in my quote book :)