Friday, January 30, 2009

What's Wrong with this Picture?

It's hard to see, but Beanie Baby rabbit is tucked into the bed and Aliza tucked herself in the cradle. Complete with blanket, pacifier and teddy.

Potty Training update: I knew I had to have a breakthrough eventually. Yesterday I was accident free! I got her to the potty on time and she went twice. And then tonight she actually told Jeremy right before bed that she wanted to sit on the potty and she actually went. That is her first initiation of a successful trip to the bathroom. I only pray that it continues with increased frequency and accuracy!

Random story: Since I've been a stay at home Mom I make it a point to talk to any Mom that is hanging out in a kid area. Like the children's section at Barnes and Noble, the zoo/park, or the mall play area. I've met lots of people and almost without fail Moms want to talk. I made a great friend by doing this and tonight I made another invaluable contact. By asking if her two youngest boys were twins, in about 1 minute flat, I learned that this Mom has a family similar to what we dream about, that she home schools her children and that she is Chrisian. Better yet she tells me that there is a homeschool group in Salisbury based out of Harvest Baptist Church. Exactly what I've wanted to find!!! They do field trips and community service projects together. They also file legal papers as a group and have a regular support group meetings for home schooling Moms. I didn't let her leave with getting her email address.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Carla that picture is too funny!

& I'm so glad for the success over the past two days! Aliza's such a big girl... hope it continues!

Anonymous said...

Lovin it...looks like she is fighting growing up with everything in her:) Don't we all!!!
Pray for more success days of potty training!!!

Me said...

homeschooling support group--and nearby!!! what an awsome find!!!!