Tuesday, January 27, 2009

20 Random Things

It's the fad right now on Facebook to write 20 random things about yourself and then tag other people to do it. This reminded me of the list of 100 things I love that I wrote a couple years ago.

So hopefully no major surprises here...

1. I almost always have a candle burning on the stove.

2. The children and I go to the post office and bank at least three times a week.

3. I attended three different high schools.

4. I was the sole member of my senior class--and I was not home schooled.

5. I am not a random person. I like structure and organization.

6. I take a nap with my children.

7. I stay up later than I should doing fun things because I know I'll be able to take a nap the next day.

8. I sing really loud (not obnoxiously so) at church during worship just because I can (given that half of my vocal cords are paralyzed).

9. I'm in the mood to throw away anything in our house that I consider useless.

10. I always follow a recipe when I cook.

11. Ten years ago I never would have dreamed that I would spend my life on the Eastern Shore.

12. I did keep my promise to myself that I would not marry a waterman or a chicken farmer.

13. I cannot quote movie lines or talk about celebrities because I have no knowledge and little interest in that area. After I read a book I usually forget the details. However, I can still sing the songs and talk knowledgeably about my ultimate high school movie...Dirty Dancing.

14. The only requirement I had for my wedding dress was that it had to have buttons all the way down the back. (My poor Mother thought we would never find THE dress!!)

15. So far I've learned that there are 3 things I can't make my children do--eat, sleep, and use the potty.

16. The only reason I have any technological skills are because they are necessary to survive in my house.

17. I have a love/hate relationship with OmniTechPro. The best thing about Jeremy owning his own business is that he can set his own schedule. Like today he put a coat and boots over his dress shirt and slacks and played in the snow with Aliza.

18. When I want to use a pot or tupperware container I look around for it on the kitchen floor first.

19. New favorite drink--Starbucks Apple Chai

20. I need a sweet snack at least once a day. Tonight it's a Rice Krispy treat with chocolate topping.

No comments: