Monday, June 22, 2009

Beach Fun

It's almost the end of June and this was our first trip to the beach! We had planned to go on several other occasions, but our weather has been so rainy. I think we have thunderstorms in the forecast for most of the week.

Josiah wasn't so sure about walking on the sand. He loved sitting on the corner of the blanket and digging in the sand.

Miss "I would rather have my hair in my face than wear a clip or a pony tail." Silly girl.

Caleb and Aliza especially enjoyed the sand. Whenever I go to the beach I am always reminded of how much I am not a beach girl. The combination of sand and water is just not my thing.

That's why it is always good for us to bring Daddy to the beach with us. He is a great beach Dad. He's a great Dad anytime and anywhere, but he is by far the fun parent at the beach! Happy Father's Day to an awesome Dad! I made a great decision when I picked you to be the Father of my children.

Finally, Josiah started walking around and exploring. He got pretty good at walking on the sand. Then Jeremy took him close to the water. He sat at the edge for a bit and then Jeremy helped him get his feet wet.

This week we are taking Aliza to Vacation Bible School. She was so excited to go tonight. This afternoon she woke up early from her nap ready to go to VBS and there were tears when I told her she had time to play and we had to eat supper before we went. The opening play turned out to be WAY over her head and very intense from her point of view which led to her jumping on my lap and declaring (at a quiet moment when everyone could hear) "Mommy, I want to go home" with big tears in her eyes. She did agree to stay, but I held her a lot more than I thought I was going to. She had definitely lost her confidence, but when anyone asked her she said she was coming back tomorrow. Jeremy is taking her tomorrow night and she told me after we got home that "Daddy keep me safe tomorrow." It should be interesting to hear what she has to say about the evening when she wakes up in the morning.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

That pic of Jeremy with the kids is so precious! Maybe VBS will go better tomorrow :-)