Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Grandad

After going to the ER at 11pm last night, my 82 year old Grandad had his gallbladder removed this morning. The surgery went fine and he is recovering. However, when the surgeon went in he found the gallbladder to be extremely infected with gangrene. This led to a much more complicated surgery than expected. At this point the surgeon feels that he was able to clean the area without the infection spreading. Grandad will be in the hospital several days to recover and receive antibiotic therapy for the gangrene. My Gramma is frail and is insisting on staying by his side. Tonight will be her 2nd night without sleep. Dad will arrive in their town very late tonight. Pray that Grandad will not pick up any other infections and that Gramma will have the strength to make it through these days.

2 comments:

Christie said...

I will be praying, for sure.

Christy said...

that sucks. I hope he feels better soon.