Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pesky Mosquitos

I hate mosquitos! This is what my little guy looked like after 15 minutes of being outside and this picture is only half of his face! Thankfully at his age the bites get red really fast, but then fade quickly and he doesn't even seem bothered by them.

I really think that we should be eligible for some federal grant funding for mosquito research. Our yard must be the perfect breeding ground for them. Yesterday I had the great idea to start moving some larger branches to our brush pile. I got to the tree line and every step I took brought up a swarm of baby mosquitoes. It was disgusting.

Before I get any lecture comments on the use of products such as Off, I did buy some tonight that is supposed to be dry and odor free. I think Off is yucky. It is sticky and stinks and tastes bad and if I put it on my kids I feel like they need a bath as soon as they come in and I don't have the energy for multiple baths a day. So until now they have been unprotected, but as of tonight I have some new ammunition!

That concludes my rant on our overpopulation of mosquitoes this year!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Oh man you can really see them in that picture! Poor boy. I even got a bite walking into your house tonight :) I think the bugs are worse this year than past years in general though.... and I agree with the Off being gross thing.