Sunday, June 14, 2009

Words Needed

Josiah NEEDS words! I am so tired of his relentless temper tantrums. Whenever I correct him, redirect him or take something away from him he goes limp so it is extremely difficult to pick him up and he bangs his head into whatever hard surface is most easily available. Usually the floor, a wall or the edge of the table. Of course that hurts and he cries and Mommy is not sympathetic. When I do pick him up and he is mad he has taken to throwing his head into my shoulder, collar bone or lip. It hurts and especially the lip brings instant tears to my eyes and Josiah is not sympathetic! The screaming that goes along with this is the most annoying sound you've ever heard. There are plenty of cries that make me run immediately to him to bring comfort, but this scream just makes me mad. I really think that once he can express himself with a few words he will be less frustrated and the temper tantrums will decrease. He makes great car and truck noises....

Don't worry! There will be a huge blog announcement when Josiah comes out with his first word! He is 15.5 months right now so it shouldn't be too much longer.

3 comments:

Christie said...

We need to talk on the phone girl! I am an old hand with these kind of tantrums hehehe! Words will definitley help :)

Christy said...

aw...that sucks! I have had a couple of kids fling their heads into my lip or shoulder and it hurts BIG TIME. And knowing that they are doing it on purpose makes it so much worse. Hope he starts talking soon!

Me said...

ohhhhh!!! you make me feel so much better about the tantrum issues in my household! this week has been bad, but it is SO strangely comforting to know that i am not alone in the world of the terrible tantrums!!! LOL