Monday, July 6, 2009

Today's the Day--

I was born--30 years ago! I'm the kind that gets sortof nostalgic and sentimental the night before "big" birthdays. I remember sitting on Dad's lap the night before I turned 13 so that he could hold his 12 year old one more time before I became a teenager. I didn't cry, but it is strange to think that my 20s are behind me. Now my 30s are ahead of me and, boy oh boy, is there a lot to look forward to!

The fun started yesterday with a lunch with my sisters and some of my friends. My friends are on the right--Maria (in green), Elizabeth (in orange) and Chrissy (in pink). Jan is hiding on the left and the others are my sisters. Lunch was really yummy and Janell made cupcakes for dessert. I ate everything. =)

Jeremy took the day off today. It was just a quiet day. Then we went to Mom's for supper tonight. I made a big dinner request this year--shrimp from Ray's Shanty, corn on the cob, fries, corn muffins. It was extra yummy!


Mom gave me PLASTIC glasses. Hooray! Remember the cut finger from the broken glass? That won't happen again!

Aliza was extra excited about me blowing out the candles because.....
...She knew she was next! The Sheats tradition is that after the birthday person every other child gets a chance to blow the candles.

2 comments:

Christie said...

Happy Birthday Carla!!!Here is to the 30's rockin'!!Love ya! So glad you had a fun time :)

Christy said...

happy birthday!!