Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Day for Us

Last Tuesday we celebrated 8 years of marriage by spending a day and night "just the 2 of us." Jeremy and I do not have similar interests so we have to be very intentional about spending recreational time together. If we stay home we end up doing separate things and not spending the time together that we are supposed to.

Recently Jeremy has taken an interest in golfing. I got him a set of golf clubs for Father's Day. I had the idea of riding in the golf cart while he played 9 holes. We were behind a 20 person tournament so that took most of the afternoon. I got to read and relax and he had fun too.



Jeremy has been wanting to eat at Outback Steakhouse so that's where we had dinner and then we stayed at a hotel in town. The front desk person at the hotel claimed to recognize us....we stay at the same hotel every time we have a night alone.

If he asked me to marry him again, I'd say Yes!

2 comments:

Christy said...

aw! congratulations!! looks like you had a good day!

laura said...

see, now that sounds like a great way to compromise.