Tuesday, May 4, 2010

On Being Pregnant

I have wanted to write some thoughts about this pregnancy, but I've had a hard time formulating my thoughts into words. I am thrilled to be expecting a baby. Jeremy is thrilled for me to be expecting a baby. Aliza is thrilled to know that "Mommy has a baby in her tummy." It amazes me how excited children are for babies to join their family. They instinctively know that there is always room for a new baby in the family. Aliza has told me that she is going to feed the baby and wash the baby when Mommy is tired. How does she know I will be tired???

I know I will be tired. This being my third pregnancy I don't have any wild expectations of glamor. I know how tough those first months are. I know what tired is. I have also learned that there are seasons and phases. Some are tough and others are not as tough. Some are even fun and easy!

I'm a person who likes to please other people. Going against the cultural norm of a 4 person family was a little scary for me. I wondered how my friends and acquaintances would respond. Two of my retired neighbors gave me the same response that made me smile. They said, Oh! 3 is wonderful and 4 is even better!

I feel really good. Most of the time I would forget that I'm pregnant if it were not for my thickening waistline and outrageous appetite! I gain so much weight--and it starts right away.

First sonogram is a week from Friday. According to my calculations I'll be just about 12 weeks by then! Time flies....

2 comments:

Christy said...

if i ever have kids (unlikely at this point) i would want to have more than 2 kids...my sister and i used to fight all the time and my friends that had more than one sibling always seemed to get along with their siblings better.

Me said...

everything about this post makes me nod my head and grin from ear to ear...I just wanted you to know that : )