Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Garden Tour

Karen and I have enjoyed the Back Alley Garden Tour & Tea for several years now. It is fun to walk around in an historical area and enjoy the hard work that people have invested in their gardens. This year the rain held off and the roses and peonies were in full bloom.


Does it look like something is growing out of Karen's bag? It is. At one garden the owner was giving away starts of a ground cover type plant. Karen was happy to accept the donation to her own garden. Those starts were a conversation starter the rest of the tour. In fact after the tea we walked in a few shops (and got me some more food!) and one lady hounded Karen about that plant until Karen offered to give her one! I'm pretty sure we will be back next year!

Aliza made sticky buns with Grandma. They are yummy!

Josiah spent as much time as possible outside on the lawnmower, riding the tricycle and throwing balls.

Aliza and Brandi have a tradition now of having tea or a picnic together.

One thing I love about going to my in-laws is that I get to watch my children play from a distance. This time I most enjoyed watching Josiah on this tricycle. He can't pedal yet, but he uses his toes to go and he can go fast!

No comments: