Sunday, May 9, 2010

New Mom and Great Husbands

It takes a great husband to have a great Mother's Day. I have a great husband! My gift was a scrapbook day yesterday. I had a lovely day scrapbooking with Chrissy and visiting with my Mom. Jeremy had Aliza and Josiah color me special pictures that they were very proud to deliver to me at church last night. Today Jeremy had the toys picked up when I got up after sleeping in. He made some cinnamon rolls for me, washed the lunch dishes and now is tucking both Aliza and Josiah in bed. Janell just come home from the hospital today (more later in this post!) and Laura and Linda are out of town so it was Brian's family and us at my parents for dinner. The men made the meal, served and cleaned up. It was great!

Dad made ham, macaroni and cheese (from scratch), and salad.

Jeremy made dinner rolls and sweet tea.

Brian made and decorated this cake. Himself. Impressive!


Janell had her baby girl on Friday, May 7. Renee Autumn. 6lbs 8oz. She is so precious to hold. Janell has some cute pictures of her with bows in her hair. Thanks to Brian coming late at night to stay with my children, Jeremy and I were able to meet Renee at the hospital soon after she was born. That was extra special for me. I'm afraid I was emotionally involved from a distance all day while Janell was in labor! This afternoon Jeff and Janell came home with Renee. We stopped in so Aliza and Josiah could meet their new cousin. Aliza has been very excited about this baby. This morning she said, "Mommy, I am dying to go to my Janell's house."




3 comments:

Me said...

wow! Hats off to your dad, Jeremy and Brian. I am very impressed!!!
Little Renee is BEAUTIFUL, Congrats to her mommy and daddy! ...almost makes me want to go for #4 just looking at her sweet face : )

Christie said...

What a beautiful little baby! So exciting! Man, you guys are going to have to rent a cabin or something for Christmases with all those kiddos :)

Andrea said...

Awww...cute baby!!! I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day!!

Carla, my email is
andreas1101@comcast.net