Friday, May 14, 2010

Our First Glimpse of Baby #3

I'll be 12 weeks this weekend! My due date stays November 28, however my plan is to schedule the c-section early enough that I'll be home for Thanksgiving.

It was thrilling to see that little heart beating. There were 2 arms, 2 legs, spine, and head. We are good to go!

So Jeremy and I have decided that waiting for the doctor for a GYN appointment is the most awkward thing we do as a couple. Especially when we have to wait for 30 minutes. Trying to ignore the fact that I'm wrapped in paper. There isn't really anything to talk about. I keep fussing with the top. Jeremy finally got sick of the fidgeting, found tape on the counter and taped the back of the top together. It struck me as really funny, but was much more comfortable--and warm!

I admit that I pumped my fist and let out a Whoop! when I was told that my thyroid was low. Not just a little low either. Way off! The high end of normal is about 5. My level today was 13.99. To put that in perspective, when I had my radiation treatment my level had to be 30. Now I have a new prescription and should feel different in a week or so. I was so incredibly relieved. It's been a couple weeks that I've suspected that it might be low, but it is hard to put my finger on one thing that I can blame completely on thyroid. Some days I have felt like lead. So heavy and tired, fuzzy thinking, light headed and short on patience. This is after I sleep all night (with a few brief interruptions usually) and take a nap in the afternoon. Nap time has been my lifesaver. I have to keep my children in a quiet time routine for my own health. I would not survive these fluctuations with any sanity without naps.I usually beat myself up for sleeping too long in the afternoon, but today I gave myself permission to sleep. I slept solid 2 hours. By 7 I was yawning again. It is really crazy.

1 comment:

Christie said...

Everytime I see an ultrasound picture my heart flutters...so beautiful! Can't wait to see that little baby! Keep resting and knowing that rest=a happy mama and that is a very good thing :)