Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Blinders

I figured something out. I need to put blinders on. I imagine myself holding my hands on either side of my eyes blocking my peripheral vision so that I am forced to focus on that which is right in front of me.

I went grocery shopping by myself tonight. That's a dangerous thing. I have time to think! So I was thinking about blinders and I started thinking about Iron Chef. Have you seen the show? Each chef is very busy preparing their own dishes. They are not wasting time looking around at what the other chef is doing or how the judges or audience is reacting to their decisions. They are completely focused on the task and their assistants who are helping them accomplish their goals.

My point? I'm putting on blinders and focusing on what I need to do to raise my children to be God-fearing, confident, independent adults. I'm not going to waste my mental energy wondering what other people are doing and looking around to see who is watching and how they are judging or not judging me (and my children).

I'll be working hard over here! I'll still share my life and be here to cheer on other Mommy's. I'm thankful for all the other Mommy's and women who cheer me on.

No comments: