Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Some Little Moments

First I must finish the story of Josiah's lips. This morning I decided to call the pediatrician to follow up on Josiah. I talked to a nurse who is familiar with our family and had seen Josiah. I explained that I had tracked his reaction to the Ibuprofen I had given him and told her that Josiah's uncle had the same reaction. The nurse didn't say anything so I asked if she had ever seen anything like that. She said they had seen it a few times. I said that surprised me because the Doctor I saw did not made any comment that a reaction to Ibuprofen was possible when I told her I had given him the medicine. (I had even taken the bottle I gave him the medicine from with me and showed the Dr.) The nurse then told me that the Mom has to say what the reaction was to. The Doctor cannot say unless there was an allergy test. I was floored. Here I had gone to a professional thinking they could help me determine why in the world my son's lips had swelled to 4 times their actual size and she could only give him Benedryl and tell me that Josiah's airways were open. Nonetheless, his chart now reflects that he is allergic to Ibuprofen.

Now on to some of our recent memorable moments:




I sent the band outside!

This little boy decided to try skipping naps. It didn't work so well for him.

Homemade Play-Doh: FAIL.

She just started pulling up to her knees and now she is up on her feet!! Anna has done too many new things in the past week. I know she'll be walking before I know it.

3 comments:

Christy said...

I get so annoyed with the health care industry sometimes...and with the people who sued for some stupid reason to put those regulations in place in the first place. ARGH. So glad you figured it out.

My mom used to make our playdoh, I can't remember ever using store bought. She used the recipe in the Fairview cookbook, I believe and I remember it being pretty awesome. Do you have that or do you want me to ask her for it or do you want to forego the entire thing? =) I know it was pretty simple, only 2-3 ingredients, I believe.

carla said...

A playdoh recipe that works would be awesome! I don't have a Fairview cookbook. Thanks!

VDOprincess said...

For the record: I have the exact same reaction to ibuprofen. I just don't take it any more. And I have to watch in hospitals...they'll give it to you for pain ALL THE TIME even if you've TOLD them.