Thursday, February 9, 2012

Some Things

  • My nephews cracked me up today. They hunted stuffed animals and gathered some forks, threw the animals on the table and then "ate" their hunt.
  • Facebook makes it so easy to make plans with all my sisters at the same time.
  • Pinterest was perfect for letting my children choose birthday party themes. I knew what they wanted and found two options, took them to Pinterest to show them and there were only 2 to choose from instead of the million other ideas on a website.
  • Laying with Josiah at night gives me extra time to read. He sleeps on the floor in his Thomas the Train tent so I figured out that I can use a book light and read instead of just laying there feeling impatient. However, I did tell Jeremy that laying with Josiah is a job I'm glad we share!
  • Anna finally has tooth number 7 as of yesterday. And she says "up." 
  • I put together a portfolio for my homeschooling review by the State. I'm resisting the urge to practice my presentation with Jeremy since everyone I've talked to said it is not a big deal.
  • It's really nice to have a phone conversation after the children are in bed once in a while.
  • The above explains why Jeremy had to inform me that I had twice as many texts as him last month. I'm pretty sure texting was made for busy Moms with loud children. 
  • Josiah has finally taken to wearing boxers. This is an improvement from wearing nothing under his pants. 
  • Aliza is giving me lessons on playing Mario Kart on the Wii. I'm truly awful at playing video games. She was far more encouraging to Josiah tonight when she was giving him lessons. I heard things like, "You're doing it Buddy! Good job!" To me she put her arm around my shoulder and said, "It's ok, Mom. I had to practice a lot too."
  • I'm looking forward to a fun weekend!

1 comment:

Christy said...

your first bullet made me laugh out loud. That is totally awesome.