Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Night

For quite a few years now, we have watched the Super Bowl at my parent's house. The men are gracious enough to watch the game over the squeals of children. I have a confession though, I can really get into a good Super Bowl game. Last night's game was one of those good ones. I started watching in the second half and by the 4th quarter I was being accused of ignoring my eldest daughter (by my eldest daughter) because I couldn't tear myself away from the game! Well, it might be true. We were rooting for the Giants and it was fun to watch them pull off this win.

The game is one thing--then there is the half time show. For some reason Aliza would not leave my side last night so she was there for the entire show. Thankfully, my boy was over in his Great Grandparent's apartment. The light show was great. The choreography was neat. The production of it all was amazing. But that dancing... I knew I had to say something to Aliza. She was not able to verbalize her feelings about the show, but we had a brief discussion about what it means to be "ladylike" and how some of the dancing was not very "ladylike."

There's another thing about Super Bowl night--we are on the East Coast so the game starts at 6:30pm and it makes for a VERY late night. We got home at 11pm. Anna did not settle well when I put her bed on time at Mom's so she ended up staying awake and stayed awake ALL the way home in the car. Aliza was beyond exhausted. She slept until 9:15 this morning. I don't remember her ever sleeping that late. Anna and Josiah slept in too, but not as late. Oh well. It's just once a year. A little sleep deprivation never hurt anyone--except maybe me!

No comments: