Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Spinning

My head and body feel like they are still spinning from the day. Nothing particularly bad or unusual happened it was just B.U.S.Y.

We were headed to the indoor bouncy house playground this morning with my sister and another friend. As I was getting the last couple things done so we could leave, Anna pulled a bowl of Cheerios and milk off the table. She is reaching for everything within reach right now! I was annoyed and as I was cleaning that up Anna followed Aliza and Josiah outside. So when I was ready to put on shoes and coats Anna was in the sandbox and walking around in the snow that was left. Had to change her socks...should have changed her pants.

Next stop was the post office where I found out word had traveled quickly about the robbery that happened at our neighbor's house. Since I am the closest neighbor the people there were interested in hearing my part of the story (the State Trooper came to our house and talked to us). That took some extra time and I was a little paranoid when I came home today.  I'm sure we will be fine though.

We finally made it to the playdate. Josiah took a while to get comfortable. I had two kids on my lap for a few minutes. Anna eventually got very comfortable...as in I lost track of her and found her reaching up for another Mommy to pick her up! Ugh! At least it is a safe place. The times I lost track of Anna were the moments I was watching Aliza come down the slide or giving Josiah a second of attention on the bouncy thing he liked. Then Aliza decided to whine because she was older than the rest and didn't have a "bouncing partner." There was precious few seconds to talk to the other Moms.

Our traditional stop after that is the Pet Shop. I didn't plan well and had to carry Anna through the store. My arm is sore tonight! haha.

Then...Returned a DVD to the library and stopped at the bank. Josiah is complaining about his tummy. I figure he is just starving. Drive through McDonalds. Josiah throws up. I drive home as fast as I can. Run to door to make sure it is locked and no windows are broken etc. Grab Anna and put her in highchair (no food yet). Get Josiah out of car, in the house, and clothes changed. Put some food on Anna's tray. Bring in carseat. Uncover carseat and start a load of throwup laundry. Get Aliza and Josiah food. Josiah eats and doesn't get sick again. Give more food to Anna. Heat up some food for me and eat. Take exhausted Anna to bed.

Rest Time! Thank God!

Play Baseball Wii with Aliza. Start school. Go outside for 45 minutes to follow Anna around. I'm freezing and she doesn't care. Come inside to start supper. I take a phone call and cook supper while insisting that Aliza finish schoolwork, break up fights, find Josiah unrolling a roll of paper towel, find Anna dumping a dish of goldfish and who knows what else.

When supper is 5 minutes from being finished I find out that Jeremy is going to be a half hour late so I hold off supper so Aliza can finish her work, but that means Anna is starving and Josiah is bouncing off the walls.

We finally have supper and I ask Jeremy if he can just stay home from Bible study tonight because everything is spinning out of control and I'm still jumpy and don't want to be home alone. Thankfully he agrees.

So I end up getting to spend some time with Aliza. The new Bob Jones catalog came today so we looked at next year's schoolbooks and saw who the teachers are for distance learning. Aliza was really excited and, honestly, so was I. Then Aliza found an elementary Spanish kit and got excited about learning Spanish which made me excited that she was excited and so we were excited together.

Finally everyone is in bed. Josiah made one last attempt to gain my sympathy. He came in and said he was scared. He explained that Big Scared means there are shadows and Little Scared means that he is not scared and "Mommy, I'm Big Scared." I tucked him back in.

I'm done spinning now. I'll go to sleep and be ready to start tomorrow. Maybe the pace will be just a bit slower. Maybe.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am spinning too just reading about your day! :)

Unknown said...

So it is publishing me as unknown from my darn tablet but it is Christie talking!