Monday, February 27, 2012

A Double Birthday Party--Josiah


 Josiah was so excited for his party. He wanted to help put his cake on the table and could hardly wait to open his presents. I said the word "wait" to him over and over. Poor guy! He was just excited!!

Josiah wanted the same cake he had last year. That's what he got! He loved his tractors on the cake.

Josiah opened tractor after tractor. This John Deere backpack kept him occupied the rest of the day. He carried around his new tractors and took them out and put them back in over and over.
 A picnic blanket for the children to eat lunch on. Anna got in on the fun too. I'm pretty sure she ate pizza off each child's plate. At one point she was walking around with a pizza crust in each hand.
 Josiah worked SO hard to break his pinata. He swung so many times that he got tired and finally used his hands to finish breaking it apart.

 After Josiah blew out his candles, he sang Happy Birthday to Aliza with the most serious expression on his face.
 Then Josiah asked for his knife (a safe cutter from Pampered Chef). He wanted to cut and serve his cake. I had no idea he was going to do this and I just stood there with my heart in my throat. He was so serious and sincere. I'm pretty sure he would have given everyone two pieces if they would have let him.
 Josiah asked me for a drink because "Mommy, the server is thirsty and needs a drink."

 After he finished serving it was time for the real fun. The cake apparently became a construction site. I asked him about the candles embedded in the cake. He said they were trees that needed to be "bonked" down so that a house could be built.
What a fun, fun day!

No comments: