Saturday, December 22, 2012

Beginning to Feel Like Christmas


 I can't believe we are only a few short days from Christmas. I have a bunch of presents to wrap yet. My family keeps getting bigger and bigger. I didn't count how many people I bought presents for this year! It's fun though. I enjoy the process of preparation and anticipation and then it's all over so fast.

Our community has a potluck dinner each year that we enjoy. A gentleman sets up his train set and Santa makes an appearance after dinner. Anna wanted to say hi to Santa, but that's as close as she got. She buried her head in Daddy's neck, hung on tight and when Santa asked her what she wants for Christmas she said "Mommy."
A long time ago...in the 1990's!!...I lived in Oregon. Every once in a while I think of the West Coast fondly and reminisce about the coast or the big trees or the locally made cheese. I was talking about Tillamook cheese a couple months ago and Jeremy looked up what it would cost to ship some across the county. Shipping was outrageous. The story is that one of his clients was hosting a party and mentioned to Jeremy that she needed some good cheese. He told her she needed Tillamook cheese. While Jeremy was fixing her computer she ordered Tillamook cheese and convinced Jeremy to order a variety pack for me as well. They split the shipping and when Jeremy brought this home to me I was very surprised!


No comments: