Sunday, April 14, 2013

Here's a Little Random


 Since two people have asked me when I'm blogging in the last half hour, I figured I should come up with something!

We have been outside this week enjoying the warm weather. Sorry Mideast and West Coast friends. You should all come visit me! =)

It was very exciting to have my cousin and her family for dinner on Wednesday. They live in Arizona so, obviously, we don't see them often.

If I put Josiah in the car between 4 and 6pm he falls asleep just about instantly. A friend of Aliza's was quite put out that Josiah uses a pink car seat. He has never minded. I remember my weak moment when Aliza desperately wanted the pink car seat and common sense said to go with a neutral color.
I read a memoir (I really enjoy memoirs) this week by Jaycee Dugard. She was abducted at age 11 and held captive in the abductors backyard for 18 years. I can't wrap my head around how long 18 years is in a situation like that. That was a book I had to read fast.

This morning we attended the Mennonite church that my family moved to Maryland for. It was 11 years since I had been to the church on a Sunday morning. I felt like I was entering a time machine. I kept telling my children that this was a fancy church and they had to be really quiet. The church my children are used to is very informal. After church I was given the beautiful flowers that graced the front of the church this morning. All from this lady's yard. As long as I can stand the pollen, I'm going to really enjoy this on our dining room table.
We have 5 or 6 weeks of school left. I'm keeping us moving because summer is in sight and I'm going to be ready for the change of pace. Now that the nicer weather is here to stay (mostly) I need to keep school as priority. It was pretty hard to have school in the evening or after dark last week.

How's that for a little bit of random?!

No comments: