Friday, June 14, 2013

A No Electricity Morning


 Some days it's good to wake up and not know what the day holds. Our electricity went out at 7:50am and did not come back on until 11:20am. On a normal day this would have been one situation but today I was babysitting my nieces so I had 5 children who were not very happy. It was a beautiful day so we played outside. I have so idea why they were so grumpy but they were. I was grumpy too, to be honest. I blew it at least once--big time. I had to ask Aliza to forgive me. That's life.

We had some happy moments. When Josiah wanted to climb a tree and the others wanted to follow suit, I knew I had a captive audience for some pictures. Well, at least they couldn't run away.

I want them to grow up because that is how life works and something would be horribly wrong if they didn't grow up, so I'm happy, but, man, they are cute and I love them so much and I always want to be able to snuggle and give them hugs and kisses. Sigh. 
May she always have reason to smile so big that her eyes squint closed.
 This little one. I'm pretty sure I'm going to cry when she turns three.

 This is the face I get when I say, "Say cheeeese." I should have learned by now!
 Janell's daughter, Lydia. What a sweetie...and a climber! She talking, but she's quiet. Like if I turn my back she'll quietly go do something and I'll have no clue where to find her. Just like her Mama--who could get away with a lot more cause she went about it quietly...as opposed to me who had to announce everything that I was doing! Lydia's a sweetie...she lets me rock her at nap time and I don't want to lay her down.
After being outside for hours, I decided we might as well have an ice cream snack since it was in the freezer melting anyway! That suited the children just fine. Electricity came on as they were finishing ice cream and they all went outside and played happily in the sand box.

No comments: