Sunday, November 23, 2014

Celebrating Anna

I had to really think about a birthday party theme that would be unique to Anna. Her interests are whatever her older sister or brother are into at the moment. But there is something that is Anna's alone--cartwheels! Anna practices cartwheels all the time. She is getting better too!

It was a simple party. Just my family--which one friend lovingly pointed out is really a small school!! I did not *feel* like hosting a party, but Mom's do things for the kiddos whether they *feel* like it or not.
My Dad came over in the morning and held Isaiah so I could decorate the cake. Anna saw a picture of a ruffle cake and loved it. I tried. It wasn't as easy as it looked. A friend helped me clean up the house by talking to me on the phone (It's so much easier to clean when I'm distracted by conversation) and Mom came over in the afternoon and helped me cook.
Anna was super excited. She loved her cake and her party guests.
Anna's only food requests were potato chips and celery with peanut butter. I added sloppy jos and macaroni and cheese to the menu.

My little girl is 4! Four!!! Anna is quite the bundle of personality and independence. I can't wait to see what fun she will have this year.

In other news:
I'm feeling so much better. One morning I woke up and realized I felt proportionately rested to the amount of sleep I had gotten. There have been far fewer tears and my patience level has risen into the normal range.

We spent the weekend with Jeremy's family. That will be a post full of pictures soon.

No comments: