Friday, November 27, 2015

Seasonally Confused

I think we hit 68 degrees yesterday--Thanksgiving Day. We could have almost had a Thanksgiving picnic! There were just 18 around my parent's table. I was sitting next to Dad and as we sat down with our full plates of delicious foods he commented on how abundantly blessed we are. And then I thought of how we sit down to a meal that is supposed to be rooted in gratitude and how I (along with many others, I suspect) believe I am entitled to this extravagant meal. Could I still have a "Thanksgiving dinner" if it was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because that was the blessing at that time?
Pumpkin pie is ok, but this Pumpkin Spice Smith Island Cake was the perfect ending to my meal.
The outrageously gorgeous weather continued today and we soaked in all the sunshine we could!


Between outside time we made our tree decorating pretzel treats and I prepared from Advent. Those activities just didn't jive with the rest of the day! So we set up the tree tonight and enjoyed the first lesson of Advent. (We need a head start!) Isaiah went to bed early. It will be fun to see what he thinks of the tree and lights in the morning.

No comments: