Monday, November 2, 2015

A Perfectly Packed Day

It's not often that Uncle Joel and Aunt Brandi get to visit on a weekend without a major birthday celebration planned, but this time there was nothing on the agenda. Brandi and I took the rare opportunity to her and I have spend some time together. Brandi reminded me that I had some Christmas money from last year (dear me, I'm pathetic!!) that was earmarked for tea so that's what we did. It was a delicious meal as always and now another special woman in my life has been introduced to the soul refreshing goodness of full afternoon tea!
I've been waiting for the perfect chance to wear this Trades of Hope necklace--tea on Halloween with a rusty orange sweater fit the bill. It needed to be just the right combination because the necklace itself doesn't exactly scream "Carla." lol. Anyway, I sortof loved it with this sweater and a selfie is always tons better with a couple extra cute faces in it.
Later in the afternoon we were off to the park. I am savoring another week of mild temperatures. Uncle Joel was playing peek a boo with a very serious faced Isaiah. Something about swinging makes Isaiah very serious.
This is a lesson in opposites:: little boy, big boy
Sliding, exploring, swinging, frisbee
Since I was pretty sure Jeremy and Joel would enjoy ribs more when eating together, I planned supper to be our Family Dinner Book Club.
Then it was Halloween evening family movie night. This year we watched Despicable Me 2. Well, more accurately everyone else watched it. I held Anna and fell asleep. Movies and I just don't get along very often!! The cupcakes that Brandi and I picked up were amazing though! There was peanut butter cup, pumpkin, pecan pie, cookie dough, salted caramel and chocolate covered pretzel.
That's it! That's all we could pack in to one day!

No comments: