Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Isaiah's Spider

Isaiah has gotten into the habit of crawling in between Jeremy and I during the night. While it's been so cold, I don't even have the heart to take him back to his bed because I'm sure it's quite snuggly and warm to be between Mommy and Daddy.

On this particular night, though, Isaiah started crying--an all out scared cry. He crawled on top of me and when he opened his eyes and saw me and I told him he was in Mommy and Daddy's bed he calmed down a little bit. I rocked him and put him back in his bed.

Before I fell back asleep I heard him get out of bed and walk around. He didn't come back in our room and I went to sleep. In the morning, I found Isaiah snuggled in Josiah's bed.

I asked Isaiah why he was crying during the night. He told me this story and repeated it to his siblings and Jeremy. "There was spider in Mommy and Daddy bed. It was on my back. So I had to leave and get in Josiah's bed." With all of Isaiah's enunciation and mannerisms, it was about the cutest story I've heard in a while.

I think he had a dream.

No comments: