Monday, January 1, 2018

The Last Christmas for This Year

It was Christmas weekend with Jeremy's family!
Isaiah totally knew what to expect this time and in typical 3 year old fashion, he did not want the present to end. One highlight for him was opening a remote control car. I seriously wish I had given it to him! He was SO excited. He couldn't contain himself and kept saying, "I always wanted this!" After all the gifts were opened, Isaiah insisted that I go to the basement with him. What he wanted to do was dump out all his candy and eat it. I let him. At one point he had two tootsie roll lollipops in his mouth.
I really like this artist, Ruth Chou Simons. Her shop is called gracelaced.
Aliza picked out a special wall decor for Grandma.
And she designed a mug for Grandpa. She wrote different names for God in the shape of a Christmas tree.
Brandi gave Aliza a board game called Suspicion. They had a lot of fun playing it. The next morning I woke up to the exclamations involved in Aliza, Josiah and Anna playing it together.
Anna now has a "pet" cat. 



Josiah got a game for his 3DS that he really wanted and I didn't hear much from him the rest of the weekend. Actually all of us continued our hibernation week through the weekend.

The guys watched the new Star Wars movie. I met my friend for tea. The girls spent an afternoon with Brandi. I worked on my Project Life scrapbooks. Josiah had way too much screen time. It was SO cold that no one was remotely tempted to go outside. Karen wasn't feeling very great so it a team effort to get the turkey dinner on the table. Aliza was introduced to Hallmark movies--and she loved them. Isaiah watched football with Grandpa. It must have been the first time he really watched football because his conversation about guys running into each other, and 2 blue shirts falling down was really priceless. To top it all off, Aliza, Josiah and Anna stayed up with us to welcome in the New Year. They had never heard of "watching the ball drop." That was pretty interesting to try to explain. They were so excited to stay up. As he was getting ready for bed Josiah told me that he has "always wanted to do that" (stay up until midnight).


No comments: