Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy...to you

That's what Aliza was singing all day today. Today was my birthday. I don't think Aliza really knew it was my birthday and not hers, but that's ok. I just pretended that she was singing to me. Jeremy's parents are visiting us and Matt and Chrissy joined us at my parents for lunch. Mom makes a birthday meal for each of her children. We always have the option to choose our meal, but at this point in my life I choose what I eat every night so I have turned that privilege over to her and for one day I don't have to worry about what I will cook!

For all you scrapbooking fans, Jeremy got me a Cricut. I will quickly add that he got it off ebay! I won't have to worry about gift ideas for him for awhile....just a new cartridge for the Cricut. It will arrive later this week so I will be carving out some scrapping time for sure.

There was another gift that got quite a reaction from those watching me open gifts. My parents gave me a trash can. It is a very nice trash can. In the picture below I placed the old and new trash cans together. The white trash can is the one we have used for the last 7 years. I put a Wal-Mart grocery bag in it and I thought it was fairly dirty, but quite functional. The spring had broken so the gray lever no longer worked. You had to press on the back of the lid for it to open. A little annoying, but ok. Well, I opened up this new trash can and people practically cheered. They proceeded to talk about how horrible our trash can was and you would have thought my in-laws were ready to disown me for having such a lowly trash can!!! Anyway, I have now entered the world of highly functional trash cans and it will now be worthy of being moved into the new kitchen! Thanks for the trash can Mom!

1 comment:

Natalija said...

Oooh fancy trash can! Great post Carla...this one is unique. Not every day one sees trash can comparison photos.