Thursday, July 10, 2008

Potty Training Ready?

Has anyone had an experience like this? Aliza is 28 months old and not potty trained yet. Yesterday she all of a sudden came running to me saying "hurt, hurt." She was trying to pull her diaper off of her and immediately laid down for me to change her. My Mommy antennae were on high alert for a urinary tract infection, but she didn't show any signs of discomfort all day. Then again this morning she did the same thing of saying "hurt", grabbing her diaper and wanting me to change her. Is it possible that she is just becoming aware of when she is going to the bathroom? I can't imagine that she has an infection at this point and of course you don't completely trust what a 2 year old says hurts or doesn't hurt. I was going to hold off on potty training until this fall, but I'm starting to think the time is NOW.

1 comment:

kater's mom said...

yikes...good luck with that. it would be totally cool though if she were cueing you to the fact that she is ready!!!